I'm going to give you a simple way to use some leftovers to make a wonderful desert that everyone will enjoy, and you can make it gluten free too. I also lost the photos I took of the cake when it was whole, so you get this one photo I took with my cell phone. Sorry. :(
- 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 TBS unsalted butter
- 12 ounces fresh or leftover cranberrys
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour or gluten free flour mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBS orange zest
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the brown sugar and 4 TBS butter. On medium high heat stir the mixture until all the butter is melted. Stop stirring and let the mixture simmer for 15 seconds or so.
- Pour the Brown sugar mixture into a greased 9 inch cake pan. Spread the cranberrys on top of the brown sugar mix.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Mix in butter and sugar, then add the eggs and orange zest. Finally add the sour cream and milk.
- Pour the batter over the cranberrys and smooth the top.
- Bake in the over for about an hour. Let the cake cool for about ten minutes before you remove it from the pan.
It will smell delicious and you will want to eat it right away. That's what I did. Enjoy!