Weekly Confessions #2
Made it through seven books this week from a road range of genres. Just finished Wild by Sheryl Strayed. It really inspired me to hike the Pacific Crest Trail, but then I realized that I don't hike and even the shortest portion of the trail is rough and could take days. Reviewed Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero It was not what I thought it was going to be. Blew through Percy Jackson and the Sea of monsters, Alice in Wonderland (My Gilmore Girls reading list) and A Lief in the Wind of all Hallows. Last but not least, Tithe and Legend were knocked off my TBR pile. It was a great reading week and I'm hoping to be just as productive next week.
I've been on a personal journey to lose the weight my new medication (That I will have to be on for the rest of my life) made me gain last August. It really sucks because I worked really hard to lose the weight I had gained after I stopped dancing and after giving birth to my three boys. A total of 57 lbs. Then the meds made me gain 20. I am currently down 7lbs, but have a way to go. Today thought was the last day of my 21 day fix regime. I lost a total of 2.5lb (You may not think that's a lot, but I do) and 16.5 inches from my flabby mom bod (This is what's more important to me). I'm excited to start another round of 21 day fix tomorrow, and maybe I can lose another 3 lbs this time.
In honor of the successful weight loss regime, I went out and bought me a new t-shirt. Gas Monkey!
Anyone else struggling like I am with weight loss? What has worked for you?
Its now been a week since Seeker has been released. It seems to be doing well and gathering a following on Goodreads. I've been relentlessly soliciting reviews online and posting on all my social media forums trying to spread the word. I'm sorry if you've become inundated with The Hunter Saga but its my baby and I'm proud of it.
I was able to get in a few hours this week on a new book I'm working on. I'm thinking of calling it The Darker, but that is a working title. So far, I'm about 36K words into a 90K or so book. A third of the way there. Its coming along nicely though and I think you will all love it when it comes out.
What are you writing right now? Do you have a working title yet?
I had an awesome week on the blog. Lots of books, food and fun.
- This week I shared with you 13 of my favorite Sci-Fi and Fantasy books
- Reviewed Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero
- Tried to convince you to read Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine
- Shared the new release by T.H. Hernandez called The Union
- Introduced you to Mark Shaff and two of his novels
- Gave you another week of meals to enjoy
- There is an awesome review for House of Chaos on Book Ink Reviews. Its critical, but that's how an author grows. By listening to the ones who actually read the product. How am I supposed to know whats wrong with my book?
- I love following Dust and Pages on Instagram. They just came out with a Fayre Funko Pop that is totally awesome! I'm holding out for the Rhysand though.
- Came across the hash tag #momswhoblog on Instagram. I'm thoroughly enjoying this feed and seeing all the moms like me who have so much to say and not enough time in the day to get it all done.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and listening (I guess reading) my confessions for the week. Now get out there and read something!