My Favorite Shephard's Pie
This is great to make with leftover mashed potatoes or ground beef. You can make it in individual helpings or one large casserole dish full of goodness. Anyway you make it, it's awesome!
This is the way I grew up making it, along with a little extra flavor that I've added over the years. Enjoy!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkg brown gravy mix
- 2lbs potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- frozen carrots and peas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef, onion, carrots and peas over medium heat.
- Drain fat and add brown gravy mix. Set aside.
- Boil potatoes until tender and drain all water.
- Mash potatoes with sour cream until there are no more lumps.
- Place the ground beef mixture in a deep dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes, covering completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350 or until potatoes start to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese and green onion.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think.