Today's treat is the worlds best chocolate chip cookies. I make these gluten free for my son who can't have gluten and if I didn't tell you they were gluten free you wouldn't even know. You can also make them regular for those of you who don't have special diet needs.
Here are the cookies that I love to make.
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1/2 TSP almond extract (Optional)
- 2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour (Or Gluten free flour)
- 1 12oz package chocolate chips (Or if you're like me, packages)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening and butter.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda and mix well.
- Mix in the eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix in the flour and the chocolate chips until everything is well combined.
- Drop dough in rounded spoon fulls two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Everyone in my family love these cookies and they are my go too treat when I have the need to bake something sweat. I hope you and your family enjoys them as much as we do.