11 Literary Sidekicks to Enjoy on DR. Watson’s Birthday
We all know the hero of the story isn’t always the one who is the qualified leader of the pack. Those under-appreciated sidekicks like Samwise and Hermione often hold the story together like glue, and barely ever receive the praise they deserve.
We all know there would be no Frodo without Samwise. No Harry without Ron, and certainly no Sherlock without Watson. We can’t live without their witty humor, ridiculous stunts, and unconditional love (or hate) for the hero. They, more often than not, make the story great.
On this momentous occasion of one of literatures most well-known and down trodden sidekick, I’ve put together a list of my favorite comrades in arms for your reading enjoyment.
Who are your favorite sidekicks? share them with me in the comments below.
1. Sherlock Holmes – Dr. John Watson.
2. Harry Potter (any and all of them) – Ron and Hermione
3. Percy Jackson and the lightning thief – Grover
4. Lord of the Rings – Samwise Gamgee
5. Princess Bride – Inigo Montoya
6. A Court of Thorns and Roses – Rhysand
7. Outlander – Jamie Frasier
8. Sabriel – Mogget the cat
9. Amber Sky – Sawyer
10. Garden of Thorns – Rayce
11. Divergent - Four