Monday, November 25, 2013
A little orange chicken, some Mongolian beef. Lets try something new.
- Orange Chicken and Rice
- Mac & Cheese (just me and the boys)
- Hoisin pork with rice noodles (Pictured above)
- Thanksgiving! I'm making a ham and home made Coleslaw
- Left overs and grilled cheese (Just me and the boys)
- Dinner with the in-laws
- Mongolian Beef and Rice
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
I can't believe we have been doing a weekly menu for 20 weeks now. We've had so much fun cooking together and not to mention the money we've saved. Now a days we don't even want to go out for dinner because we know we can make something better at home for a fraction of the price. Its AWESOME!
This week my little Ronan dropped a rock on his toe, turning it black and blue. I guess he wanted it to match his black and blue eye from last week when he tripped and hit hi face on his toy box. That kid is a monster.
Phoenix has started the second term of kindergarten. At his rate he will be done with classes by the beginning of January. He will get to start 1st grade then.
And dont forget little Liam. He rolled over for the first time this week. The little guys going to be 4 months Saturday. I can't believe how fast my little guy is growing.
Well, on to the food since my weekly menu is a day late.
- Dinner in Astoria (Baked Alaska)
- Jason's cousins ham recipe (I have no idea what is in it but my husband is going to cook it)
- Pizza Night
- Caprese Burgers (pictured above)
- Left overs or sloppy joes
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
SO, last week my hubby took me to see the new Thor movie for a belated birthday present. I enjoyed it very much. Was it wrong of me thought to be thinking about plot lines in my head the whole time? Ah, the mind of a writer. I couldn't help myself.
I also was part of a query (Writers cover letter) workshop and had my query critiqued by
- Grilled Cheese (Just me and the boys)
- Honey baked ham (Trying some recipes for Thanksgiving)
- Mongolian Beef (Pictured above)
- Mac & Cheese (Just me and the boys)
- Dinner with the In-laws
- Sloppy Joe's or dinner with a friend
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Every once and a while I wake up early enough to make breakfast for my husband. I found this recipe the other day while surfing pinterest. It was easy and delicious. One of my eggs did break and I over cooked them slightly, but what the hey, it was a good first try.
The original recipe called for sausage, but I didn't have any so I used bacon. It would have been better if I cooked the bacon on the stove top first then put it in the oven. I like my bacon crispy!
To check out the original recipe click here.
20 oz potatoes (I cut my own potatoes but you can use frozen ones)
1 chopped green pepper
4 tbs Butter
4 cloves Garlic
8 oz Smoked Sausage
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. add garlic and sliced sausage. Cook until garlic is tender and fragrant. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. Mix in Cajun seasoning.
Put potatoes and meat mixture into an oven safe pan. With a spoon make holes for the eggs. Crack an egg into each hole. Lightly sprinkle Cajun seasoning over eggs.
Cook in oven for 18-20 minutes or until the egg whites are fully cooked but the yolks are still runny. If you are going to add cheese, do so in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Serve immediately and enjoy! Makes about 6 servings.
Monday, November 4, 2013
Hey hey, its November. My favorite month of the year. Do you want to know why? Its my birthday month. I like to celebrate it all month long :D I wish. Here's to my last year in my 20's. My goal is to have my book published by 30. Freaking out a little since I only have a year. Cross your fingers and on to the food.
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta (since we didn't do it last week)
- Home made chicken nuggets and fries (Just me and the boys)
- Calzone (I have my oven back!)
- Home made mac and cheese (just me and the boys)
- Cajun Chicken Pasta (pictured above)