I found this article the other day on pinterest about the things a mother should teach her sons before they move out of the house. I thought it was very informing and I will get started on this right away. Maybe I can teach my biggest boy (My husband) a few things along the way, all though he's done very well at most this stuff. :)
1. The kitchen? Not just for girls. Learn to use a stove.
2. If a girl tries to change you she doesn’t really love you no matter how much you want her to.
3. Shower daily, keep your nails trim and use deodorant.
4. A dutch oven is never funny. EVER.
5. It is NEVER acceptable to break up with a girl over the phone.
6. Understand how to use basic tools.
7. When you ask a girl, “Is something wrong?” and she says, “No.” She’s lying.
8. The job of a stay-at-home mom is equally as hard as yours.
9. Table manners. Use them.
10. You will never know a stronger pull than that of your friends trying to get you to participate in their wrong doing. Resisting makes you a man. Succumbing makes you a coward.
11. NEVER use your fists to solve ANY dispute. One wrong punch could take a life and it could be yours.
12. Condoms will save your life.
13. Never use the word gay in a derogatory manner. It’s ignorant.
14. Sexting is a federal offense.
15. Real girls do not look like Victoria’s Secret models.
Good luck moms out there!